L.A. Alpha Xi Delta Alumnae Association!

The Los Angeles Alpha Xi Delta Alumnae Association provides friendship, support, and fun opportunities to sisters living in and around the LA area. Our events range from fabulous wine tastings to fun an charitable philanthropies. Membership is open to all initiated Alpha Xi Delta alumnae living in the area.

Benefits of Membership Include:
Make new friends and meet new sisters--especially great for those new to the area!
Expand your personal and professional network.
Have fun and try new things-restaurants, bars, spas, recipes, hikes,classes, etc.-with a group of fun women!
Continue your lifetime membership as an Alpha Xi Delta.

How do you join our association? It's easy! Annual dues are $60 per calendar year.

Right now, we have a Summer Special Dues Price of $50!

WHAT ARE DUES FOR?
- Your dues to the National Fraternity ($20 per member)
- Your dues to LA Alumnae Panhellenic
- Support Autism Speaks (AXiD's National Philanthropy)
- Support local chapters
- Send delegate to National Convention
- Administrative costs to keep the association running
- Offset member costs for events and more!

Because we are financially independent of the National Fraternity your dues also help us put on wonderful events that you will attend at a discounted rate or for free!

Send Dues Checks to:
Janis Rosebrook
*Make out to Alpha Xi Delta
Email Alphaxideltalosangelesalums@gmail.com for the mail to address :)

Or Use PayPal:

Alphaxideltalosangelesalums@gmail.com
(Friends and Family Option)

Or Use Venmo:

BetXi Bear @ AXiD_LA_ALUMS

Monday, May 4, 2015

Meet Our Sister of the Month: Krista Gonzalez!

With such busy lives, we can't always make it to every event or meet every sister. Our "Sister of the Month" posts give you the chance to get to know a sister you may not have met before or learn a new fun fact about her. Each month we will select a member of our alum association to highlight. If you have any questions or would like to reach out to our Sister of the Month, please email us at laalumpresident@gmail.com. 
May's Sister of the Month: Krista Gonzalez



What is your name? Krista Stilley Gonzalez
What is your Hometown? Charlotte, North Carolina
What year were you initiated into Alpha Xi Delta? 1998
 What chapter and school were you initiated into? The Beta Xi Chapter at Marietta College, Ohio
What is your favorite collegiate memory? There's so many!  I guess living in our chapter house, which I did for 3 years with some of my best friends ever.  The Beta Xi Chapter house is beautiful, a historic home in Marietta, Ohio - and I lived with wonderful, fun women.  Whether we were getting ready for a night out, being lazy watching movies on a random Sunday or helping each other during hard times, I have such a fond spot in my heart for that house and the many memories there.
Here's a picture of the house - 

What is your favorite post-college Alpha Xi Delta memory?  The day I got married.  In addition to my sister and sister-in-law, 4 women stood up with me and they were all Alpha Xi Deltas - from 3 different chapters.  Also in attendance that day were several of my other sisters and in total 5 AXD Chapters were represented that day.  My big sis was there, my mother who we initiated as an alumni initiate and I took as my little sister, as well as my best friends were there.  We share bonds that are so special, across the country, miles, and time.  


Why is it important for you to stay connected to Alpha Xi Delta through our alumni association?  Alpha Xi Delta is so important to me and has given me so much, I try to give back when I can through the alumni association and supporting the local collegiate chapter.   Its important to me to be available to support the women who have always supported me.  It also provides me connections to our sisterhood that enrich my life.
What is your current occupation?  I work for a nonprofit - The Village Family Services - which is a children and family wellness agency.  I'm the Director of Compliance & Risk Management there.
Do you have any hobbies? I love to cook, be outdoors, read and be with friends and family.
Please share a fun fact we may not know about you. I have a very goofy part of my personality that a lot of people don't see; for example I love to jump on the bed (try it its as fun as when we were kids), so I can definitely be pretty silly.
 Where is your favorite restaurant in the Los Angeles area? Favorite Dish?  Hatield's in Los Angeles.  Totally a splurge and we only go for very special occasions, but my husband and I love it.  Everything is so good!  We usually do the seasonal menu.
 What is your favorite activity in the Los Angeles area? I love the ocean, being at the beach is one of my favorite places!  I also love wine tasting around southern California.
If you could meet one famous person (past or present) who would it be? I think Ghandi.
What song would you say is your anthem right now? Why? I love music! I grew up taking piano lessons and music was a big part of my childhood, so picking a favorite or one song is hard - but I've been really liking Keith Urban's Raise Em Up, probably because I'm 5 months pregnant with my first child.  My husband and I weren't sure we could have kids and I'm a bit high risk, but this song makes me smile and I think of raising our son.
Where was your favorite vacation? Or where would you like to visit?  My favorite past vacation is probably my first big trip with my now husband to Cancun, Mexico.  It was an awesome trip, 7 years ago.  In the future I'd love to visit Europe more - Spain and Italy particularly. 

1 comment: